Join our growing team!
We’re looking for talented progressives who are passionate about digital organizing and taking the fight to Trump’s doorstep. Interested?
Here are the roles we are currently looking to fill:
Location: New York, NY
Stand Up America is a political advocacy organization focused on digital mobilization to resist Trump’s corrupt agenda, advance progressive values, and strengthen our democracy. Founded after the 2016 election, our community has quickly grown to over two million progressives, across all 50 states, who are taking action and making their voices heard daily.
Our cutting-edge digital organizing program has driven over one million constituent calls to lawmakers, mobilized more than 75,000 activists to rally in the streets, and sent over a million peer-to-peer text messages to help get out the vote in key Congressional and state legislative districts.
Now we’re focused on protecting our democracy by defeating Trump and his enablers at the ballot box and fighting for bold reforms that will increase voter participation and reduce the influence of money in our elections.
We’ve recently brought our operations, bookkeeping and human resources in-house, and we’re looking for someone who can help us make sure we’re on top of it all. This is a great opportunity for someone with 3-5 years of human resources or fiscal operations experience to join a team of twenty passionate progressives as we do our part to defeat Trump and strengthen our democracy for future generations.
The Operations Director will join a mission-driven, fast-paced, and energetic team in New York, NY. You will:
- Report directly to our Managing Director
- Manage day-to-day fiscal operations, including bookkeeping and bill pay
- Track spending and ensure we are working within our various budgets
- Work with our outside accountants to pull financial reports and records for IRS and other filings
- Run payroll, manage benefits, and track PTO using Gusto
- Work with our reps at Gusto to make sure you’re on top of changing HR requirements
- Process travel and reimbursement requests
- Onboard and offboard employees
- Keep our handbook up-to-date
- Help us plan trainings, retreats and team outings
- Order equipment and supplies
- Manage office equipment and provide light tech support
- Keep our subscriptions and software licenses current
- Maintain records
- Take on special projects as time permits
- 3-5 years of experience working in either a human resources position or in fiscal operations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A good sense of humor
- Passionate about progressive values, strengthening our democracy, and mobilizing millions to hold Trump accountable
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Comfortable with numbers
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and maturity
- Able to quickly adapt to new technologies
- A self-starter who doesn’t mind being a department of one
Bachelor’s or associate’s degree required.
Stand Up America celebrates diversity in gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, class, ability, life experiences, and background. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer — women, people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary & Benefits
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, including 100% subsidy of monthly premiums
- SIMPLE IRA with matching of employee contributions up to 3% of salary
- 3 weeks flexible paid time off per calendar year, plus an additional week in December, for a total of 4 weeks per year
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Annual professional development stipend
Salary range: Starting at $70,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]