Join our growing team!
We’re looking for talented progressives who are passionate about digital organizing and taking the fight to Trump’s doorstep. Interested?
Here are the roles we are currently looking to fill:
Digital Strategist, Paid Media
Location: New York, NY
Stand Up America is a political advocacy organization focused on digital mobilization to resist Trump’s corrupt agenda, advance progressive values, and strengthen our democracy. Founded after the 2016 election, our community has quickly grown to over two million progressives, across all 50 states, who are taking action and making their voices heard daily.
Our social and ads team reaches millions of Americans every week. In 2018, our social posts had over 300 million views and 40 million engagements. Our Facebook page has one of the highest engagement rates of any progressive organization.
Stand Up America has driven over 750,000 calls to Congress and mobilized more than 50,000 activists to demand our representatives oppose Trump’s corrupt agenda. In the 2018 midterms, we recruited thousands of volunteers for progressive House races across the country, registered over 10,000 voters, and sent more than 600,000 peer-to-peer text messages to help get out the vote.
Now we’re focused on holding Trump accountable for his corruption and crimes, and we’re fighting for bold legislative reforms that will strengthen our democracy at the state and national level by increasing voter participation and reducing the influence of money in our elections.
The Digital Strategist will join a mission-driven, fast-paced, and energetic team in New York, NY.
- Be the digital strategist on point for paid media, serving as backup to the social team
- Help drive innovative, cost-effective paid acquisition strategies
- Be a lead first-round drafter for paid media creative
- Connect trending stories and news hooks to meaningful acquisition opportunities, and pitch new angles to optimize ads performance with new and existing audiences
- Develop and implement best practices to optimize our acquisition program, maximizing quality opt-ins and minimizing cost per acquisition
- Own and complete daily ad optimizations and build on weekly performance insights
- Work with the analytics team to develop a weekly ads report
- Participate in team brainstorms and creative planning meetings
- Work directly with our design team to produce paid social graphics
- Curate and clip Snapstream video content around live events as needed
- Advanced experience drafting and/or producing digital ads for a progressive organization or political campaign
- Experience meeting tight deadlines in high-stress environments
- Familiarity with Facebook Ads Manager
- Background working with advocacy or electoral campaigns
- Passionate about progressive values and defeating Trump’s agenda
- A news junkie who understands how the internet moves news stories and information
- An experienced digital strategist who is eager to learn new skills
- Cool under pressure
- Able to quickly adapt to new technologies
- Fun to work with and a true team player
- Willing to quickly adapt to new tools and technologies
- A sharp writer who can use stories to drive action
- Eager to think big and get creative!
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
Stand Up America celebrates diversity in gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, class, ability, life experiences, and background. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer–women, people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary & Benefits
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, including 100% subsidy of monthly premiums
- SIMPLE IRA with matching of employee contributions up to 3%
- 14 paid vacation days per calendar year
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Annual professional development stipend
Salary range: $65,000-75,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]