Join our growing team!
We’re looking for talented progressives who are passionate about digital organizing and taking the fight to Trump’s doorstep. Interested?
Here are the roles we are currently looking to fill:
Deputy Political Director
Location: New York, NY
Stand Up America is a political advocacy organization focused on digital mobilization to resist Trump’s corrupt agenda, advance progressive values, and strengthen our democracy. Founded after the 2016 election, our community has quickly grown to over two million progressives, across all 50 states, who are taking action and making their voices heard daily.
Our cutting-edge digital organizing program has driven over one million constituent calls to lawmakers, mobilized more than 75,000 activists to rally in the streets, and sent over a million peer-to-peer text messages to help get out the vote in key Congressional and state legislative districts.
In the past year, we’ve successfully taken on Mitch McConnell to help win election security funding for states, driven over 330,000 calls to Congress demanding Trump’s impeachment and removal, been a key player in the fight to demand Trump’s tax returns, including by passing the TRUST Act in New York, and helped enact campaign finance reform in New York State.
Now we’re focused on protecting our democracy by defeating Trump and his enablers at the ballot box and fighting for bold reforms at the state and national level that will increase voter participation, reduce the influence of money in our elections, and build progressive power for years to come.
This is a great opportunity for someone with 4-6 years of political and/or policy experience to join a team of passionate progressives fighting to defeat Trump and strengthen our democracy for future generations.
The Deputy Political Director will join a mission-driven, fast-paced, and energetic team in New York, NY.
- Report directly to our Political Director
- Help to maintain and expand partnerships with progressive organizations at the state and national level, especially with groups focused on voting rights, reducing the influence of big money in our elections, and building progressive political power in communities of color
- Work with our Political Director to identify potential new partnerships, coalitions and strategic opportunities for advocacy or electoral action at the state and national level.
- Maintain and develop new contacts in Congress
- Closely track developments on particular electoral or advocacy campaigns as requested by our Political Director
- Generally track developments related to key elections and democracy reforms, including state and national legislation
- Represent Stand Up America on coalition calls and in meetings with partners.
- Track upcoming political events and update our political calendars
- Help shape Stand Up America’s advocacy on key political issues, pending legislation, and ballot initiatives
- Help ensure the Stand Up America team understands key advocacy targets and strategies on our core issues
- Assist our Managing Director, Political Director, and Operations Director with filings and guidance to comply with state-level grassroots lobbying regulations
- Apply a strong equity lens throughout all aspects of our work, ensuring our work promotes racial justice, gender equity, and progressive values
- Take on policy or electoral research projects as requested
- 4-6 years of experience working in politics, policy, and/or law
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for political strategy, progressive values, voting rights, and democracy reform
- A good sense of humor
- A political junkie and policy wonk
- Comfortable with political nuance and respectful political/policy debates
- A careful editor and good communicator
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and maturity
- A self-starter who follows through
Stand Up America celebrates diversity in gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, class, ability, life experiences, and background. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer — women, people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary & Benefits
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, including 100% subsidy of monthly premiums
- SIMPLE IRA with matching of employee contributions up to 3% of salary
- 3 weeks flexible paid time off per calendar year, plus an additional week in December, for a total of 4 weeks per year
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Annual professional development stipend
Salary range: $75,000 – $85,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]